Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Keep the homefires burning





Good news! The fires in the hills look to be kinda of, sort of, maybe, a little under control? The air is beginning to clear and i am beginning to settle into my new life here. Both are going slow.

As I'm sure you know because you are taking the time to read it, the name of my blog is Hollywood beer pong. I have indeed played beer pong since arriving out here and i am pleased report total domination!! Did you expect anything less? I hope not and I hope to continue such as time goes on. I'm not Mr Miyagi, but these kids will be calling me sensai after its all said and done.

While on the subject of Asians, they are everywhere here. Asian Americans though, not just immigrants here to attain citizenship or money for home. Los Angeles is the gateway to the east and a lot of the Asians i have met were born here and have grown up here. The Asians here are the kind that will talk to you and look you in the eye, not the kind that just ask what kind of drink you want with your buffet and then talk shit in their language about you going for a sixth round. Bitches.

Right, so La is a little hard to navigate and they put "the" in front of every highway out here. Im not sure why, probably the whole pretentious thing applying to the roads themselves. Its going to take me a little while to figure this place out but that's the case for anywhere. If I got dropped in the middle of lufkin for a while it would take me a couple weeks to figure it out. However i will point out that lufkin has a loop and this smoky bird does not.

Im hanging in there but I miss my friends everyday. My purpose here keeps me going. I have met alot of cool people so far but no real friends of my own. Hopefully this will change over time and I can be a little more independent out here.

In the meantime holla at your boy and keep me in touch with you and whats going on. KEEP THE HOMEFIRES BURNING FOR ME!

I love you
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment