Thursday, October 8, 2009

One month


Well its been one month since I got here and everyday is a little different. There has been times that I have been homesick here but more and more everyday I am beginning to meld with my surroundings.

What is true however is the state of the economy here. It is shit, there are hardly any jobs for people here and the ones that exist are seeing massive cut backs. My focus however is undaunted and my school is wonderfull so far. I owe a lot to JaNelle, she has been the most amazing person to help acclimate to this place and I give her all the credit in the world.

A month is not a long time at all but I feel a small bit of accomplishment for not completely breaking down. I can do this, i can make it here. I refuse to accept defeat in this place.

When i return to Texas for the holidays I expect to be a different person that when i left, but that is entirely what this is about. Discovering ones self is the most important task one can set upon. After a couple months of uncertainty and acclemation I am beginning to enjoy life here. I hope that I continue to grow as a person here and complete the goals i have set for myself.

My head is down , my hands are strong, humble and hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment